- These Terms and Conditions of Rental govern all rentals granted by Trust Company Maurice Car Rental, referred as the “Hirer“, on the territory of Barts to its Customers referred as the “Customer” or the “Renter“.
- Failure by the Renter to comply with the rental conditions will result in the termination of the rental without prejudice to any damages that may be claimed by the Rental Firm.
Article 1: USE OF THE CAR
During the rental period, the Client is the master and guardian of the vehicle and agrees to:
- Not to let the vehicle be driven by any person other than himself or those approved by the Renter and for whom he is responsible (the Renter or any driver approved by the Renter must hold a driver’s license with more than two years of seniority).
- To use the vehicle only for personal purposes, not to participate in any competition, not to use the vehicle for illegal purposes, not to propel or tow any vehicle or trailer, not to transport persons or goods for
- Not to solicit customs
- Not to overload the rented vehicle by transporting a number of passengers greater than that indicated on the registration card
- To declare to the Hirer within two working days (excluding public holidays) after the discovery of the damage any accident, theft or fire, even partial, except in cases of force majeure.
Article 2: CONDITIONS OF THE CAR
- The Hirer undertakes to make available to the Renter a category of vehicle, and not a particular model or make of
- A description of the vehicle will be made by the Hirer and approved by the Renter. It will be given on paper or electronically to the client upon delivery of the vehicle. The Hirer may therefore disregard any claims concerning apparent damage that has not been reported at the time of departure. The Customer must return the vehicle in the same condition as it was received.
- If the vehicle is returned dirty (sand, mud, animal hair, stains, waste or masks, ….) a cleaning fee of 150€ will be
- The tires are in good condition, in case of deterioration of one of them for a cause other than normal wear and tear, the renter agrees to replace it immediately with a tire of the same size and approximately equal wear.
- Concerning the convertible cars, the roof must be closed when the vehicle is parked, if the interior of the car is wet and depending on the vehicle model, a minimum of 2 500 € may be
Article 3 : INSURANCE
1° Third party insurance and liability:
|Category||Insurance per day||Deductible||Deposite|
|Categorie A||13,00 €||600,00 €||600,00 €|
|Categorie B||15,00 €||1000,00 €||1000,00 €|
|Categorie C||20,00 €||1500,00 €||1500,00 €|
|Categorie D||30,00 €||3000,00 €||3000,00 €|
All rented vehicles are covered by Civil Liability with respect to third parties, The tenant is guaranteed for material and physical damage that he can cause to third parties but excluding the Renter, his spouses, ascendants and descendants and the driver.
In accordance with the regulations in force. This civil liability insurance is included in the price of the rental.
2° Collision damage waiver CDW
_A°) If the Renter declines the Hirer’s insurance, in case of damage attributable to the Renter, he shall be liable for the full amount of repairs to the vehicle and agrees to pay the Hirer an amount equal to the cost of repairing or replacing any damage to the vehicle and engine occurring after delivery and prior to return to the Hirer.
B°) If the Renter accepts the insurance of the Hirer, the renter agrees to pay the amount stated per day, and is covered for collision damage up to the deductible stated in the contract, as long as the vehicle is used and driven in accordance with the laws and conditions of the contract.
- The supplementary insurance does not cover tire damage, any damage caused by driver negligence, interior damage (burns, tears, stains), glass breakage, soft top damage, damage caused by mis-fueling, breakdown and repatriation
- The CDW does not cover loss of tires, tools, carpets, radios, keys or any accessories of any kind that may be dismantled or removed from the car in any
- The CDW will be cancelled if the Renter uses the vehicle under the influence of alcoholic beverages or
- The CDW will be cancelled if the Renter has deliberately provided the Hirer with false information concerning his identity, address or the validity of his driving
- The Hirer shall not be liable for any loss or damage to property carried or left by the Renter or any other person in or on the vehicle.
Article 4 : RETURN OF THE SECURITY DEPOSIT
The price of the security deposit is indicated in the table in article 3 paragraph 2 of these general conditions (left side).
- If there is no damage the total amount of the deposit will be returned immediately after the return of the vehicle.
- In case of damage attributable to the Client or in the absence of fault of a third party and in case of theft of the vehicle the amount of the deposit will be kept by the Hirer until the establishment of an estimation and the payment of the repairs by the Renter.
Article 5 : DURATION OF THE CONTRACT AND RETURN OF THE VEHICLE
- The rental is granted for a fixed period and specified on the front of this contract.
- A rental day is 24 consecutive hours, a tolerance of 1 hour may be granted beyond these 24 hours (provided the vehicle is available).
- In case of non-return of the vehicle by the Renter at the contractually agreed dates and places and in case of retention of the vehicle by the Renter beyond the contractual period without written agreement of the Hirer defining. the extension, the Customer will be exposed to legal proceedings. He will also be deprived of all insurances and will be liable for penalties per day of delay in addition to the amount of the additional day due. (the price of an additional day is equal to the price of a day’s rental)
- Our agency is open from 8am to 6pm, a vehicle returned outside of these opening hours will be checked the next working day, the Renter is responsible for the vehicle until its control by our agents
Article 6: Prices and payment:
Upon return of the vehicle, the Client agrees to pay the Renter:
The amounts due for the duration of the rental at the current rate, the amount of additional insurance coverage, optional services subscribed by the Client at the beginning or during the rental period, fuel, the penalties applicable to each day of delay, all amounts due for violations of traffic and parking laws, the amount of the non-redeemable deductible, costs related to the immobilization of the vehicle, the amount of repairs and all other expenses related to the vehicle, its rental or the use made of it by the Renter.
The amount of the balance of the invoice, if any, owed by the Client for the above items will be automatically debited to the account corresponding to the card presented unless the Client presents another means of payment accepted by the Renter.
Article 7 : CARBURANT AND ELECTRICITY
- Fuel is the responsibility of the Renter. If the vehicle is returned with a lower fuel level than the one delivered, a refueling fee will be charged in addition to the missing fuel to the Renter according to this rule: one liter of missing fuel = price of the liter of fuel at the pump * 1,85.
- The electric cars: if the vehicle is returned with a level of recharge lower than that of the delivery of the expenses of recharging will be charged on the basis of 5€ for 10% of
- If the car is returned with less than 30% of battery, an additional day will be
Article 8: DELIVERIES:
- Deliveries between 8H and 18H are free.
- Deliveries after 18H are 35€ per car.
- Deliveries after 20H are 50€ per car.
Article 9: CONDITIONS OF CANCELLATION:
- Cancellation 1 month before the arrival date: no cancellation fee.
- Cancellation between 1 months and 2 weeks before the arrival date: cancellation fee of 50% of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellation less than 2 weeks prior to arrival: cancellation fee of 100% of the total amount of the reservation.
Article 10 : ASSISTANCE AND REPAIR OF THE CAR
- Our assistance service is open 7 days a week and 24 hours a day, in case of incident or accident not responsible, we undertake to repair or replace your
- The Renter is formally forbidden to abandon the vehicle except in case of force In case of material impossibility, and if the responsibility of the Renter is engaged the car will be repatriated at the expense of the Renter and by the care of the Hirer, the rent remaining due until the return of the vehicle.
Article 11 : TRAFFIC VIOLATION
The Renter remains the only responsible under Articles L.121-1 and L.121-2 of the Highway Code, fines, tickets and fines. He is also responsible for the customs proceedings engaged against him.
Article 12 : JURISDICTION
All disputes that may arise between the Hirer and the Renter shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of the place of residence of the Hirer at the time of the conclusion of the contract, the place of execution of the contract, or the place of residence of the Hirer.
Article 13: COMPLAINTS AND MEDIATION
The hirer always has the possibility in the event of complaint, to address directly to the customer service of the hirer by registered letter with acknowledgement of delivery in order to try to solve his dispute amicably. In case of failure of this amicable approach, and in accordance with article L. 612-1 of the Code of consumption, the consumer, subject to article
L.612.2 of the code of consumption, has the faculty to introduce a request for amicable resolution by way of mediation, within a period of less than one year as from his written complaint with the professional. Our establishment has designated SAS Médiation Solution as a consumer mediation entity. To seize the mediator, the consumer must formulate his request: – Either by writing to : Sas Médiation Solution 222 chemin de la bergerie, 01800 Saint Jean de Niost, Tel. 04 82 53 93 06 – Or by mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Article 14: PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
The data concerning the Tenant, requested at the time of the hiring, are obligatory; failing this, the hiring could not be concluded. These data are processed by the Hirer, responsible for processing, and are intended for the management of the commercial relationship (rental contract, invoicing, management of fines and claims, management of Customer accounts, satisfaction survey, opinion on products/services, …). In accordance with the regulations in force on the protection of personal data (Regulation EU 2016/679 of the European Parliament and Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data, the Customer may access his or her data or request their deletion. The Customer also has a right of opposition, a right of rectification, a right to limit the processing of his data, a right to the portability of his data.